December 3, 2022 at 5:21 pmARSubscriber
I need to obtain the seismic transfer function for a seismic event but I don't know how. Does anyone know how to do it?
In the image below you can see a graph that shows the entered spectrum (black line). The other lines are the behavior, that is, the response of some nodes of interest to the entered spectrum. However, I don't know what kind of analysis I can perform to get these values. Does anyone know how to do it?
December 3, 2022 at 5:46 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
In Workbench, create a Modal analysis and use Fixed Supports for the connection of the structure to ground.
Then drag a Response Spectrum analysis and drop it on the Solution cell of the Modal analysis. You can then use the Input Spectrum in this analysis as a Base Excitation.
Take some courses to learn Modal Analysis and other Dynamic Analyses such as Response Spectrum.
December 3, 2022 at 6:02 pmARSubscriber
I have already done a modal analysis together with a response spectrum. However, with that I can't get acceleration results for each frequency.
I have thought about performing a harmonic analysis but with it I cannot insert a seismic spectrum.
Do you know any other way to do it to get the graph or the values to perform the graph from the previous post?
December 3, 2022 at 8:29 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
See my answer in your other thread.
- The topic ‘Response spectrum and seismic transfer function’ is closed to new replies.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.