February 10, 2022 at 9:04 amyhamurisciSubscriber
Is there any practical way to combine solutions of two discrete mechanical systems in Workbench? It is OK to combine solutions of connected models that share same FE-model and have different loads, BCs "Solution Combination", but this case is a little different.
Two systems consist of identical FEA model except different symmetry definition so they should have been discrete.
Thanks in advance, regards.February 10, 2022 at 5:43 pmAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
Solution combination is fine when the two analyses are linear in nature. With different symmetry definitions, I am not sure if combining the results might help you. If you share details of your setup then it might be easy to comment if you can do a solution combination. Maybe you can have the same model but define a boundary condition to capture the effect of symmetry (again depends on which symmetry you are using).
Regards Ashish Khemka
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags