General Mechanical

General Mechanical

result files

• Surya2019
      Subscriber
      Hi, nI am simulating structural analysis in an HPCC cluster.nI am creating input file, the input file is taken into cluster( linux) and with the help of batch script i am simulating using ANSYS MAPDLnthe batch file is as followsn#!/bin/bash -loginn#PBS -N 20200420_Static01n#PBS -M veernala.amarnath@gmail.comn#PBS -m baen#PBS -j oen#PBS -l nodes=1:ppn=10n#PBS -l mem=100gbn#PBS -l walltime=10:00:00n# workdirectoryncd $PBS_O_WORKDIRn# modulenmodule purgenmodule load ANSYS/2019.3n# hosts listnHOSTS=$(uniq -c ${PBS_NODEFILE}| awk '{print $2$1}'| paste -s -d necho $HOSTSn# start program for distributed memory run nansys195 -dis -mpi ibmmpi -machines $HOSTS -j file -s read -l en-us -b -i ./input.inp -o ./output.outnhowever i am receving many rst files like file1.rst to file9.rstnIs this rst files are due to number of substeps but iam not getting file.rst.nIs file.rst is the combnation of all the timesteps in the solution?nWhen i am reading individual file1.rst files. i am not getting the appropriate result.nplease help me,nRegards, nSuryan
    • Govindan Nagappan
      Ansys Employee
      If you are running a distributed solution with 10 CPU's, then this creates a result file for each CPU(file0.rst, file1.rst etc up to file9.rst). All these files should be combined to get the global result file. You can use APDL commands to do thisnExample:nResume,file,db !open database or use /Input command to read ds.datn/post1 ! enter post processornrescombine,10,file,rst ! combine 10 result filesnSet,last ! select last result setnreswrite,file, !write the combined result file with last result setnCheck the command reference for more details on these commands: https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v202/en/ans_cmd/Hlp_C_CmdTOC.htmln
    • Siddharth9696
      Subscriber
      I couldn?t create a global result file using these commands, any suggestions?n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.