Fluids

Fluids

Results between 2D and 3D not matching.

• raju.chowdhury
      Subscriber
      I am simulating gas jet -liquid interaction in a large domain (9.54m x 6.3m) using eulerian-eulerian multiphase model. Initialy, I simulated in a 2D domain where gas was flowing through one nozzle. The domain contained 1 million cells (full domain) with 7mm cell size. I got expected result (liquid wetted area on a wall) from that simulation. Almost 97% of the wall wetted with the liquid. Later, I converted the domain into 3D where six nozzles were included. I considered lower half of the domain and applied symmetry boundary condition to reduce the computational cost and time. The half of lower half domain was meshed with 0.63 million cells (initialy I meshed with 2.06 million tetrahedral cell using maximum face size 40mm, then converted into polyhedral in fluent and cell reduced to 0.63 million). I simulated the simulation with same nozzle exit velocity, same time step and same time (8s) that I used in 2D but getting only 6% wetted area on the same wall.nWhat could be the reason for not getting similar result of 2D (although I am using 3 nozzles in 3D case)? n
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      May be the difference is the number of cells. 1 million in 2D and 0.63 millions in 3D. nWere you using axisymmetry in 2D?n
    • raju.chowdhury
      Subscriber
      No. It was 2D planar.n
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      In 2D planar, the depth of your jet was equal to the depth of your system (1 m depth as default). n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.