Platform

Platform

Results export problem

• daniel.pascual
      Subscriber

Hello all,

I am carrying out a FSI transient simulation and I would like to export the transient Fluent results to an Excel file. However, after set up how many time steps I want my results to be saved (each 0,01 seconds) and execute my simulation (total time 3,3 seconds) I just get my results for the first 1.04 seconds. Although my FSI simulation runs till the end (3,3s) my Fluent results both CFD post and report file are saved till 1,04 seconds.

Thank you for your response.

• RK
      Ansys Employee

Hello,

Make sure there is enough space in the folder location for the files to be written. Are you saving the Fluent data file every # of time steps or are the Fluent results not being updated in the excel sheet? 

• daniel.pascual
        Subscriber

Hello,

First of all thank you for your response.

Regarding the disk space, we're talking about a heavy simulation (FSI sim), around 250-300 GB at the end of the simulation. However there's still 150 GB of disk free space at the end of the simulation and all the data regarding the mechanical simulation are well saved.

On the other hand after configure the setup for report files export (write data every 0.01 second of a 3,3 seconds simulation with 0.005 s time step) and run my simulation I get once the simulation is completed Fluent results till 1.04 seconds.

Once again thank your for your kind help

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.