Fluids

Fluids

return code 9

• Geoff
      Subscriber
      CFX solver failed on the first iteration of the first timestep giving the error return code 9. I run the same def file previously without problems. nI have never encountered return code 9 before and wasn't able to find it in CFX reference guide or solver user manual. n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Error code might be manifold. What are the specs of the case? Are you running it on smaller machines/less node count?nIf there are a lot of face sets on in the case then I recommend to increase the catalogue sizes;nnSOLVER STEP CONTROL:n Runtime Priority = Standardn MEMORY CONTROL:n Catalogue Size Override = 2xn Character Memory Override = 1xn Double Precision Memory Override = 1xn Integer Memory Override = 1xn Logical Memory Override = 1xn Memory Allocation Factor = 1.0n Real Memory Override = 1xn ENDn
    • Geoff
      Subscriber
      I have approximately 1.2M nodes in a structured hex grid. The geometry is a tube with a very large aspect ratio. I am running on an HPC cluster using 48 cores. I do not understand what you mean by 'face sets'? n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Have you tried what I asked?n
    • Geoff
      Subscriber
      I did not try increasing the catalogue size. I restarted the job identically and it started fine. n
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.