March 22, 2023 at 3:48 pmJoshua DaviesSubscriber
I am trying to find material properties for a waterlogged chemically treated 500-year-old piece of timber.
(this is to help for the design of a support structure so the ship can be displayed in a museum).
I have set up the timber in a lab to test its deformation under self-weight for approx 6 weeks with the aim of modelling this so that through trial and error of editing the material properties, the deflection results will match that in the lab.
Is there a way of modelling these parameters in ANSYS???
I initially had a go, but found no way of adding such a long time to the model.
March 28, 2023 at 8:40 amAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
If you have stress strain data then try using a hyperelastic response function: How to Set Up Response Functions for Hyperelastic Material Models — Lesson 2 - ANSYS Innovation Courses
I am assuming that all the deformations would be in elastic region.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.