Fluids

Fluids

reversed flow at mass flow inlet species transport

• imungan
      Subscriber

Hello. I am simulating ethylene fueled combustion case. I did aerodynamics analysis. In second analysis fuel injected into domain. While running i am facing reversed flow and temperature problem. However it did not crash. When iterations are finished, i navigate the result. The residual is not reasonable. What should i do? Thnak you in advanced.

You can see the screenshot of required info below. 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Well the global scaled residuals you are sharing are telling me that the case did not converge and the results should not be trusted.

Are the inputs into you p-farfield correct? Where is it located?

• imungan
      Subscriber

I dont think inputs are incorrect. They are corresponding to Total pressure 164,5 kPa and total temp 2204 K with Mach 4,5

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

I did not wrote they are incorrect: I wrote please check (espcially if the proper isentropic exponent is used there).

Are you using the pressure based solver?

• imungan
      Subscriber

density based solver

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Makes sense. Can you list the model settings you are using. Thanks.

• imungan
      Subscriber

Operating Pressure = 0

Density Based Solver

k-w sst - compressibility effect

species transport - volumetric - finite rate / no tci - thermal diffusion - ethylene/air

ethylene/air --> density: ideal gas - viscosity: ideal gas mixing law - mass diffusivity: kinetic theory - thermal diffusion: kinetic theory

air ---> density: ideal gas - viscosity: sutherland

inlet (pressure far field) --> P=5568,4 Pa - 4,5 Mach -T=436,4 K - Intensity and hydraulic = 5/0,0441 m - O2:0,232 h20:0,032

fuel (mass flow inlet) --> 5,8e-4 kg/s - 100666,8 Pa - total temp:300 K - intensity - hydraulic = 5/7,5e-4 m - c2h4=1 

outlet --> intensity and hydraulic = 5 / 0,0675 m (rest is default)

hybrid initialization

fmg initialization

high speed numerics enabled

• imungan
      Subscriber

Roe Scheme

Implicit - Steady State

Gradient: Least squares cell based

flow: 2nd order

under-relaxations are default

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.