Fluids

Fluids

reversed flow problem

• charitra22
      Subscriber

i am working on fluidised bed and every time i am getting this type of problem during simulation .........please any one help me ?

• Aitor
      Subscriber
      Could you please give an overview of your problem? Your goal, geometry, BCs, mesh, physical models and numerical methods that are you using...The more data, the better.
    • charitra22
      Subscriber
      my goal is to study the hydrodynamics and temperature profile of the fluidised bed dryer ngeometry - i attached belownBC - air inlet velocity 60m/sn air inlet temp 400Kn time step size 0.01n convergence criteria 1*10^(-5)n nodes 88343n elements 462312nPhysical model - euler euler modelnsolver type- pressure based seggregated solver nturbulence model RNG k-ennear wall moodelling - standard wall functionnphase intraction model - syamlal O Brien n
    • Aitor
      Subscriber
      Where is the inlet? And what about the outlet?nCould you post a screenshot of a section of the mesh? A cut with the YZ plane, for example.n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      What's the initial particle packing set to? 60m/s may require a smaller time step too, what's the courant number in your domain? n
    • charitra22
      Subscriber
      inlet is perforated plate ......above in picnnn
    • charitra22
      Subscriber
      n
    • charitra22
      Subscriber
      any one ?????.
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      The mesh is really not ideal: what does Fluent tell if you issue mesh check and quality.nPlease also be more patient.n
    • charitra22
      Subscriber
      ok. I am trying to simulate dryying process also will you please help me to define wet solid in fluent and moisture content measurement.n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You'll need a mixture for the gas phase (air and water vapour as a guess) and a mixture for the solid, probably solid+water_liquid. Then you'll need the phase change models. That'll be more complicated. n
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.