General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Rigid Body Dynamics help needed

• israrullah69
      Subscriber

I saw a video on you-tube  about rigid body dynamics tutorial. I tried to do it myself but its not working.

Please see above if it is correct. I don't get desired results.

I can share ansys workbench file here.

Can someone do it for me.

File is attached. My email is    israrullah@gmail.com

Regards

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Hello, This is not something we do on the student community. Please post images and description of your problem and the errors you are seeing, we can then provide suggestions and help you.

• israrullah69
      Subscriber

Sir I have seen your profile. You are expert. I want to send you my ansys file_first.wbpz. Please check and help.

Regards

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hello Israrullah,

I see you have done some work since you first posted. I see there is a working model and you have results, so you did something right. In looking at your geometry, I see you would have five joints. I expect to see one fixed joint, 3 revolute joints and one translational joint, so that seems correct.

You say you don't get the desired results. What results were you expecting?

Some possible sources of error are (1) The mass (or moment of inertia) of the bodies does not match the problem specification, (2) the direction of gravity does not match the problem specification.  (3) The sign on the velocity does not match the problem specification.

I downloaded your attached Workbench Project Archive .wbpz file, but you must be using ANSYS 19.2 because I can't open the archive as I am on ANSYS 19.1 today.

Please reply with details on why you think your model is wrong.

Regards,

Peter

• israrullah69
      Subscriber

peteroznewman 

Thanks. Now it works. Yes I am using ANSY 19.2. Thanks a lot. I have attached correct model for study by others.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.