October 27, 2020 at 7:24 ambusraekinciSubscriberHello, nI have a machine arm mechanism with a bucket on it's end point. When I define all bodies as flexible, my joint force results do not match with my hand calculation. The results are less than my hand calculation result by almost 20% difference ratio. I know that I can only get accurate results when I turn the bodies into rigid bodies. Even so, isn't the difference is so high for flexible bodies? Is there anyone can explain this situation and it's principle?Thanks!!!nn
October 27, 2020 at 6:19 pmpeteroznewmanSubscribernPlease reply with a specific example of your hand calculation, the results from a model with flexible bodies and the results from a model with rigid bodies. Archive the model and put the .wbpz file in a zip file to attach to your reply.n
October 27, 2020 at 10:16 pmKaiAnsys EmployeeHi, flexible body means the body itself can deform. If your hand calculation is based on the assumption that all bodies are rigid, it's not a surprise to see a result discrepancy n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.