May 3, 2023 at 2:52 pmdubeySubscriber
- In the above example, the bandwidth calculated here is the same as photon lifetime limited bandwidth or electro-optic bandwidth limited due to charge transport at junction? Can you please explain briefly?
- In the simulation validation icp file, all the waveguide parameter are entered manually rather than directly loading ldf file. Is it important to do so. Can't I just load ldf file from mode solver and adjust delay compensation to fit scattering and impulse response?
Thank you ! Looking forward to answers
May 3, 2023 at 9:30 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
A1: the bandwidth would be from electro-optic property of the device, but by photon lifetime.
A2: This is a large topic as so many parameters need to be set. ldf file can provide certain parameters, such as mode properties. Others will need to input either manually or using script.
You can import as much data as you can in the ldf file.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.