June 24, 2023 at 10:11 pmsagarSubscriber
I have added fine mesh also and placed the monitor at a sufficient distance from the top and bottom layer PLM. I tried increasing PML layer also. And FDTD simulation status is also 2, means simulation time is sufficient but still the rippling effect is there.
June 26, 2023 at 9:31 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Ripples can be due to different causes. In addition to PML layers, distances, and autoshutoff min as you mentioned, PML type also plays a role. It seems this is a grating-like periodic device. If so please check the largest diffraction angle.If the differaction angle is very large, common PML settings are not sufficient to suppress reflection from PML, and at the extreme case where differaction angle is 90 deg, eveything will be reflected back 100% in theory.
You can use visualizer to roughly check the diffraction by use of 10 by 10 periods. You can also use grating analysis to get the exact diffraction angles: Diffraction grating – Ansys Optics
Please note that sometimes much smaller autoshutoff min is required to remove the ripples.
Please try those two suggestions.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.