Fluids

Fluids

Rocky DEM & CFD Post

• Ivett
      Subscriber
      Hi, excuse me. How can I load the time steps obtained from the two way coupling simulation folder (DEM-CFD) and see them in Post-CFD in the version 2021 R1?
      In image 1 is the folders created and in image 2, some files of the folder created by rocky of the bidirectional coupling (simulation).
      when I go to results I do the following: results-CFD-Post / File / Load Results /rectanguloACOPLE.rocky.files /simulation /two_way_coupling-1-03000.dat.h5 (last time step saved)
      and the following errors appear:
      Error reading file ┬┤C:/Users/usuario/Desktop/worshop/rectanguloACOPLE.rocky.files/simulation/two_way_coupling-1-03000.dat.h5┬┤:The associated case file (*.cas.h5┬┤) referenced in results file does not exist and a matching case file 'C:/Users/usuario/Desktop/worshop/rectanguloACOPLE.rocky.files/simulation/two_way_coupling-1-03000.cas.h5┬┤ does not exist.
      Change the Default format for I/O ->Legacy
      In Post-CFD, I tried all the files of type. But the error persists. How can I solve the error? Please.
      PD: My english isn┬┤t good.

• System
      Subscriber
      This discussion was created from comments split from: How to create a two way coupling in DEM.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You're better loading the flpj file as reading that into CFD Post should allow the time step selector to pick up all of the case & data files. Otherwise CFD Post can only read in the new .h5 format as case & data and not as a sequence.
      I'm not sure how CFD Post will handle Rocky linked files as Rocky tends to pass data back via UDM: read the Rocky documentation to see how the links work.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.