Fluids

Fluids

Rotor fluid simulation – turbomachinery

• JoaoAlex
      Subscriber
      Hello everyone,nI have two question about turbomachinery simulations:n(1) My simulation is composed of a solid impeller rotating inside a cavity covered with water (a pump), so there are two domains: fluid and solid. Can I impose a rotation on the impeller, and leave the fluid rotating as a consequence of the impeller?s moviment? I?ve been watching tutoriais that ppl impose rotations on both domains.n(2) The simulation is composed of a pump facing a turbine, inside a cavity covered with water (fluid coupling), being both pump and turbine solid elements, and the simulation has 3 elements: fluid water, and 2 rotor solid elements). Is it possible to impose a rotation on the pump, and leave the fluid and turbine rotating as a consequence of the pump?s motion?.Thanks a lot!n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Which solver are you using?nBecause we're looking at modelling the fluid part we can include the solid parts as voids. So, (in Fluent) we'd rotate the fluid around the solid part using sliding mesh or reference frame to mimic the rotation effects. nRe moving the turbine based on the flow. You still set up the sliding or reference frame but would need an expression or UDF to set the rotation speed based on the flow field. n
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.