General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Rotordynamics

• RayJBL
      Subscriber

Hi,

I have been trying to create a Campbell diagram for a torsional vibration study I have been doing. I found this tutorial: 

I also found this, which I'm assuming is Ansys official and using exactly the same process as the above video:

https://support.ansys.com/staticassets/ANSYS/Conference/Palm%20Beach/downloads/ANSYS%20Rotordynamics.pdf

At about 10:54 it mentions loading in a ADPL file in .inp format. I have searched for the specific file online (Rotordynsetup.inp) and find Chinese torrents of tutorials for version 13.0. I have attempted to re-write the text from the video into a text file and then saved it as a .inp

My questions are: can I find this file somewhere? Would Ansys have an archive of older Tutorials that I could access this file?

Is what I'm doing correct (writing in notepad and saving as .inp)? Would someone be willing to look over the text file to see if I have copied correctly?

Does anyone have experience with producing Rotordynamic outputs in regards to torsional vibration? 

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

I am moving this question to the 'Structural Mechanics' thread so it gets more visibility. Good luck!

Best Regards,

Karthik

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Hi Ray,

You can find the verification examples in the help.

I think you might find VM247 and VM254 helpful. Note that the input decks with commands are provided there as well.

Regards,
      Sandeep

• RayJBL
      Subscriber

Hi Sandeep,

I don't seem to have access to the customer portal,

Where can i find my account number with my Academic licence? Then I can create an account.

Thanks

Ray 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Ray,

Here is the workaround to open help for Student license users.

Regards,
      Peter

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.