Preprocessing

Preprocessing

rough surface meshing

• salsabeel
      Subscriber

hello every one

how can make a mesh for 2D models shown below as a rough bed simulation in icem cfd R16.1

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      I'd use Workbench Meshing as it's much easier. Also be careful with the second model as it looks like the semicircles touch and that may complicate things slightly. n
    • salsabeel
      Subscriber
      thank sir,nSo, you recommend me to use Design Modeler, but I learned to use icem. how to insert drawing from CAD into Design Modeller in any format.nif i want to complete by icem how can do it can you guide me for any tutorial ?.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Use the Import options in DesignModeler. nRe ICEM CFD, if you click on Help it'll take you to the documentation and any tutorials/videos that we provide. n
    • salsabeel
      Subscriber
      i used import option but it does not work there eror message ,i try in both iges and sat format .nwhat type of mesh i seek about for this kind of geometrey nbest regardn
    • subhamdas
      Subscriber
      why dont you try to simulate a smaller portion of the domain since the problem seems to me as symmetric. Also if you are interested in meshing the second geometry using ICEM, try using the global mesh settings initially and check the mesh quality(determinant, aspect ratio, skewness), and if it meets your expectation, then proceed with the simulation. nThe first geometry would be relatively easier since the roughness has a rectangular shape, you will have to split the blocks and the meshing procedure would be similar to the one used in microchannels.nn
    • salsabeel
      Subscriber
      thank you i will try your suggestion and about split block you mean split for every rectangular in geometry but that will take more time and effort is n 't true ?nand regarding microchannels if you have any website link or tutorial can help me i will be appreciate that .n
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.