3D Design

3D Design

rov enclouser

• vinithkumarcs
      Subscriber

i am doing the cfd analysis of a remotely operated vehicle . i am not able to create Enclosure . Its a very complex geometry . can anyone please help me with this 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Please can you post some pictures?  

There are two "easy" ways to create the external volume:

Enclosure tool 

Create a volume that's larger than the ROV and then subtract all the parts that are large enough to matter & delete all of the little bits 

Alternatively read the whole lot into Fluent Meshing using the Clean CAD work flow in R19.2 and mesh all of it: you may need a big computer & research licences depending on how complex the model is. 

• vinithkumarcs
      Subscriber

I am not able to subtract all the parts sir 

sir may i have your contact number . so that it would be helpful to explain the problem .And for further assistance 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

You're not going to be able to model that with any accuracy using the 512k cell count cap in the academic tools: what licence do you have access to? Can you check to see if there's any more information: I suspect you've got some non-manifold geometry somewhere. 

I would suggest simplifying the volumes where practical and also work out what you actually want to do with the model. Ie are you planning on having any of the fans active as this will significantly alter how you clean this up.  

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.