TAGGED: bendinganalysis, cfd-icfluent, hpc-rsm
April 7, 2023 at 3:00 pmTwan VerweijSubscriber
We have two main execution nodes that we like to combine to execute CFD runs. We run an ARC-setup.
RSM is running and we can run jobs on either node if we stay below the core-count of that node, but once we start combining nodes (i.e. choose a partition count above the cores of a node) the job starts fine on the master node according to the job manager, but nothing is happening when inspecting the work load.
The question is two-fold:
- is ARC/RSM able to split up a Fluent job between nodes at all?
- The master node is obviously stuck somewhere; how to troubleshoot?
Thanks in advance,
April 13, 2023 at 8:51 amRMAnsys Employee
Does it throws any error? If yes, could you please share that?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- License Error
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- How can I renew ANSYS student version license?
- Workbench not opening
- Sizing on Ansys Workbench 19.2
- Workbench error
- Error: Exception of type ‘Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.Cortex not availableException’ was thrown
- Ansys2021R2 ansys212 seg faults immediately on RHEL8.2
- Licensing error while opening ANSYS Mechanical
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.