Ansys Products

Ansys Products

RSM troubleshooting

• reebaln
      Subscriber

I am trying to run Ansys Electronics Desktop 19.1 on University PCs. Both PCs have Ansys 19.1 and RSM configured to the appropriate service port in the installation setup. I can run the parametric analysis simulation on the localhost (the machine I'm sitting at) but I get a warning when I try to add another machine using IP address option. Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

[the file attached shows the warning I get]

Thank you in advance!

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Insert the image into your post. ANSYS staff are not permitted to open attachments.

• reebaln
      Subscriber

I've done so.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

You can't change machine specification in the 'Local' config , which is the default one.

You have to create a new configuration.

Also, if you are planning to solve on multiple machines, you will have to make sure that your install and temp directories are the same on all machines and IBM MPI is installed on all. Another requirement, which is from MPI itself, is that all machines must be on a domain, it can't be on the workgroup.

Thanks,

Win

• reebaln
      Subscriber

I'll try that out. What are IBM MPI and MPI?

Thanks,

-Reebal

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

MPI is the library that helps 'distributes' the solve, ref:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Message_Passing_Interface

There are many MPI libraries developed by different group of people/companies but the only two MPI's that is shipped with ANSYS installation is IBM MPI and Intel MPI. If you want to solve on more than one machines, you will have to run the MPI installation separately (but the installer is included in the Electronics installation package).

You will also have to make sure that these requirements that I stated earlier are satisfied; otherwise, you won't be able to use it.

"

install and temp directories are the same on all machines and IBM MPI is installed on all. Another requirement, which is from MPI itself, is that all machines must be on a domain, it can't be on the workgroup.

"

Thanks,

Win

• reebaln
      Subscriber

Thanks, tsiriaks!

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

you are welcome Reebal

Win

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.