Fluids

Fluids

RTD plot in fluent

• Hafiz
      Subscriber

I am running a test simulation of the simple 3-D model. My aim is to test the DPM model for predicting the particle residence time, but I could not find the desired output graph. I just started learning RTD with Fluent. Please guide me, how can I plot this graph. Thanks in anticipation

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

There is no "out-of-the" box graphs for RTD.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
    • Hafiz
      Subscriber

Do you recommend me any tutorial for plotting this kind of graph?

• Hafiz
      Subscriber

I am using DPM to obtain trajectories of particles for the analysis of residence time. But I don't actually know how to plot graph.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Perhaps you have a supervisor who has access to the customer portal. We have a solution there using uds or species.
    • Hafiz
      Subscriber

Yes, I have access to the portal and I myself can search it directly. Could you please send me name of the manual? I have searched but could not find it. Thanks.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Just search after the keyword residence time distribution
    • Hafiz
      Subscriber

I have been searching, but I could not find the desired manual or tutorial which explains the use of UDS for residence time distribution calculation. Could you please share the link here? So I will log in to the portal and follow that one.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

If I look after "Residence Time Distribution" and just limit the search to Fluent I got what I need.

• ExtrusionStudentTuDortmund
      Subscriber

Hello Hafiz, i am looking for the same RTD plot. Do you find a solution how to get it using a UDS?

Kind regards

• Hafiz
      Subscriber

I am still trying to figure it out. Unfortunately, I could not find the right solution in the customer portal yet. I got an idea through other resources and have tried it in the simulation but it did not work. 

• ExtrusionStudentTuDortmund
      Subscriber

Thank you! I will work on it aswell and will inform you if i have a working solution.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

I am still trying to figure it out. Unfortunately, I could not find the right solution in the customer portal yet. I got an idea through other resources and have tried it in the simulation but it did not work. 

Shall I share solution number?
    • Hafiz
      Subscriber

Shall I share solution number?

Yes please, Sir. I will be very thankful to you.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      And read my first answer where you find a link to lecture.
    • Hafiz
      Subscriber

Thank you very much, Sir!. I found it.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.