Discovery Import

Discovery Import

RTX 3070 LAPTOP

• smjang
      Subscriber

Hi
      I'm using Disocvery 2021r1 on my laptop.
      The graphic card of my laptop computer is RTX3070 LAPTOP.
      NVIDIA has upgraded the graphics card, but when using Discovery, it hangs or hangs,
      Or you will get the same result as in the photo above.
      When I searched on the Discovery Forum, I had an inquiry about the RTX3070 Ampere architecture two months ago.
      Please inquire about the availability of the RTX3070 Ampere architecture graphics card on the Disocvery 2021r1 at this time.
      In the future, we will purchase additional notebooks for Disocvery, so please give us a quick reply.

• Naresh Patre
      Ansys Employee

Hello smjang

The Ampere architecture doesn't seem to be listed on the Hardware Requirement page. I will have to check with development team.  will get back to you.

• smjang
        Subscriber

Naresh Patre thank you. We hope that a solution will come out as soon as possible.

• Naresh Patre
      Ansys Employee

Hello smjang

Can you go to C:UsersAppDataLocalTempDiscovery folder, zip the latest folder and send it to ansys-discovery-support@ansys.com?

• Naresh Patre
      Ansys Employee

Hello smjang

The development team looked at the log files but haven't noticed any issues however. Solver log is empty, and no records of error in the app log. So they want a new set of logs with more verbose logging i.e. more details captured in the log files. To do this, please follow below steps:

1. Check if there is a desktop icon for Discovery 2021 R1. If not, then go to C:Program FilesANSYS Incv211Discovery, then right click on Discovery.exe - Send to - Desktop (create shortcut). This will create a shortcut for Discovery on desktop
      2. Right on this desktop shortcut and select Properties.
      3. In the target field, add the option --logginglevel 5 after Discovery.exe". The target filed should look like below:

"C:Program FilesANSYS Incv211DiscoveryDiscovery.exe" --logginglevel 5

4. Once done, click Apply and close the panel. 
      5. Now double click on the same desktop shortcut icon to launch Discovery, then try solving any example to reproduce the issue.
      6. Once done, go to %temp%Discovery folder, zip the latest folder and send it to ansys-discovery-support@ansys.com.

• smjang
        Subscriber

Naresh Patre Sorry for the late response due to business trip. First of all, I am proceeding according to the information provided, but an error message like the image above occurs.

• Naresh Patre
      Ansys Employee

Hello smjang

Sorry but I am not able to understand the error message. Can you please translate it in English for me?

• smjang
        Subscriber

Naresh Patre The name "CProgramFilesAnsys\\Discovery.exe"--logginglevel" specified for the destination is incorrect, please make sure the path and file name are correct

• Naresh Patre
      Ansys Employee

Hello smjang

Looks like there is no space between ...Discovery.exe" and --logginglevel. Please check out the syntax that I mentioned earlier.

• smjang
        Subscriber

Naresh Patre 

Sorry for not being able to check that there is a space. As you told me, the data in the Temp file is sent back. But this time, I checked something while doing the sample data. First of all, if you click the Confirm button to designate Support in the structure situation, discovery will stop. In addition, even when opening the structure sample in Discovery, the phenomenon of discovery may stop. In addition, when using the Fluid Sample, there are times when the analysis comes out quickly in the Explore stage, and sometimes it is not. I'm not sure if this issue is GPU related, but I'd like to check it out. Thank you.

;

;

• smjang
        Subscriber

Naresh Patre 

I have another laptop with an RTX3060 LAPTOP GPU, so I installed Discovery and tested it, but I am having the same problem.

• smjang
        Subscriber

Naresh Patre 

Currently testing is still in progress. The conclusion I got from running the tests is that the first time I go through the Explore phase, it takes a long time with no gpu usage. However, if you change the settings in the Explore stage, it seems that the gpu usage occurs and you get results quickly.

• Naresh Patre
      Ansys Employee

Hello smjang

It looks like this GPU is not working with the current release of Discovery. However, it work with the next version.

• smjang
        Subscriber

Naresh Patre thank you. We hope to see much progress in the next version.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.