Materials

Materials

Rubber Material Creation

Tagged: ,

• rashidchishti
      Subscriber

Hello respected professionals. i need to make a customized material in ANSYS. i have only few properties and i am unable to find these in ansys. pl help me make a new customized rubber material with these properties as following:

Hardness 80 IRHD, Tensile ultimate strength 3000 psi. Modulus at 200% is 2200, Elongation at break is 300%, density is 1.19 gm/cubic cm

• Gary Stofan
      Ansys Employee
      A good source for material data, try matweb.com
    • David Mercier
      Ansys Employee
      Hi, what do you need exactly? More rubber material data or help to customize a material in Ansys workbench? If you need more materials data, it exists multiple databases online, but with Ansys Granta you have access to reference materials data that can be used directly into your FE model, using for example the library Materials Data for Simulation: https://www.ansys.com/products/materials/materials-data-for-simulation and here useful webinar for you maybe: https://www.ansys.com/resource-center/webinar/ctu-bu-high-level-material-data-for-research-projects on Granta Selector.
      Regards
      David
    • rashidchishti
      Subscriber
      I NEED TO MAKE A MATERIAL IN ANSYS WITH AVAILABLE DATA. REGARDS
    • Gary Stofan
      Ansys Employee
      The input data you have provided is not enough to properly define a say a rubber (Hyperelastic) material.
      Normally you have test input data that must be input + curve fit.
      Performing Curve Fitting for Hyperelastic Models in Ansys Mechanical
      " target="blank">

Q: Where did you obtain the data you now have?

• rashidchishti
    Subscriber
    Thanks for your contribution . I have obtained data from a lab test, i can have stress strain curve or force vs displacement curve...will that be enough for a rubberized material? if i need to plug more properties then what are they?
  • Gary Stofan
    Ansys Employee
    Some data fields that you have listed (like Hardness) are not used in say a Structural Nonlinear analysis of a rubber bushing.
    The program will warn or error if you happen to be missing required material data.
    I would first spend effort on creating your analysis itself with a generic hyperelastic sample material to see if you are even close to expected results.
  • rashidchishti
    Subscriber
    great...i will wait to hear from u. Regards
  • Viewing 7 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.