General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Run a log file from APDL using aas MATLAB

• JTWD
      Subscriber

Hello everyone ! 
      I'm trying to go a genetic algorithm is MATLAB for a buckling case in ANSYS APDL.
      I download aaS toolbox and installed it inside MATLAB, no problem. I make it run also ans still no problem.

My problem is that I can't run my APDL commands file inside MATLAB. My only way is to use the command ' char(iCoMapdlUnit.executeCommandToString('/prep 7'))' for each line !

But my file is a bit long, and do many things (many loops, write stuff in different excel files and do buckling analysis) that can't be done with a command prompt. In APDL the only way is to import my txt file inside my project.

If you have any ideas of how to fix mu problem it will be great ! Thanks in advance !

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

Unfortunately this question is beyond the scope for ANSYS employees to answer on a public forum, so hopefully, other student community users can chime in.

-Aniket

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to access ANSYS help links

• JTWD
      Subscriber

You means, I will have more chance in the Ansys Customer Portal ?

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

I think yes, if you have an account on the customer portal.

• JTWD
      Subscriber

Hello, I searched with my customer account and the only resource available was the one from the student community. 

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

Really sorry then, I hope that other members who are not ANSYS employees can help in this case.

• AhmedHeello
      Subscriber

Hello, i have a problem that i want to solve,  i want to run ANSYS MECHANICAL APDL by using Matlab.  the easiest way that i can do this issue can you help me.

thanks

• JTWD
      Subscriber

Hello ! 

I found 2 solutions. Either you run your ANSYS code as macro code directly inside ANSYS (but didn't work for my code) or if you have a professional licence you can use the add on aaS. But the last solution is so so because nobody can help you to do your stuff and the ANSYS documentation is very poor. 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.