Electronics

Electronics

Run aedt files in the Ansys 2019/1 workbench

• wiseguy2008
      Subscriber

Hi, I want to used the graphic interface of  workbench installed on the campus cluster (which has the HFSS module) to open .aedt files. The interface is quite different from previous Ansys electronics package. Could you give me more information regrading how to use workbench to run previous .aedt files?

Thanks!

• AndyJP
      Subscriber

newer EDT versions easily consume older HFSS, Maxwell and EDT files. But not vice versa! You can not open EDT 2020 files in EDT2017, which often creates a trouble.

• wiseguy2008
      Subscriber

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply. That is exactly what I want to do.  I have .aedt models in 2018 version. I want to open them in the Ansys 2019/1 work bench. I see that the installation in our cluster has HFSS module, but I didn't see the Ansys electronics desktop. I am wondering I can still open the .aedt files within the Ansys 2019/1 workbench?

• AndyJP
      Subscriber

The only option is to install both versions on one desktop. Run both, and copypaste geometry and setup (where it can be copypasted).

HFSS is more or less compatible in copypasting between versions. Then, you can save it in older format.

Not very convenient. But realizable when you use roaming licenses for multiple versions.

I have no experience in Workbench, sorry.

• wiseguy2008
      Subscriber

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your help. I am familiar with the ANSYS electronic desktop and HFSS module, but have to knowledge about the HFSS in Workbench. It seems a totally different environment. Waiting for the technique support of ANSYS to reply this topic. Thank you all the same.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.