July 11, 2020 at 11:39 amKevinGSubscriber
I want to run Ansys with SMP. From the product launcher, this can easily be done from the High Performance Computing Setup tab. However, when I call ansys in batch mode from an external file, it runs using Distributed Computing. So my question is, how I use SMP when calling ansys in batch mode without using the product launcher?
July 11, 2020 at 2:15 pmKevinGSubscriber
Found the solution. I manually changed to shared-memory parallel when calling Ansys by using '-smp -np2' in my call command. This link was very helpful; https://www.padtinc.com/blog/starting-ansys-products-from-the-command-line/
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.