September 29, 2023 at 5:52 pmN VigSubscriber
I am able to run lumerical simulations in parallel on a cluster using the fdtd-engine-ompi-lcl. I have a script to use the run simulation for some data analysis. The farfieldexact3d command takes too much time, and I want to know if I can also run lumerical scripts in parallel similarly, since whatever I try, the simulation itself is running in parallel, but the farfieldexact3d command is running on only 1 core, and is becoming a bottleneck in gathering data
September 29, 2023 at 11:37 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
For farfieldexact3d, it can be multithreaded from the resource settings. If one wavelength requires long computation time then there is no parallel computation available, unfortunately.
September 30, 2023 at 3:40 amN VigSubscriber
Unfortunately one wavelength needs long computation :( hence was hoping to parallelize it. Thanks for the reply.
September 30, 2023 at 12:29 pmN VigSubscriber
Is there any other alternative/equivalent to farfieldexact3d in either Matlab or python?
October 2, 2023 at 3:31 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
farfieldexact3d is Lumerical script commad. I do not think Matlab or python have similar functions.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ganhemt Project mistake can you help me
- How to calculate the cross-polarization efficiency and phase in FDTD
- save data error
- Simulation of a single pillar of a peltier cooler
- EME : field profile and cell periodicity
- Ansys Insight: Single frequency CW source
- What is the meaning of this error ” Bad termination of…” ?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.