August 30, 2023 at 6:58 pmAshwini KumarAnsys Employee
For optimum performance of Ansys Fluent 2023 R1 on hpc6a/hpc7a instances running on Windows, we recommend the following settings in the launcher:
- Change the MPI to msmpi from the default
2. Type FLUENT_AFFINITY=0 [zero] in Environment tab
These settings will be set by default in Ansys Fluent 2023 R2.
In the CFD Pro licenses, the environment tab is disabled. Launch Fluent using the command prompt:
> "C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v231\fluent\ntbin\win64\fluent" -affinity=off
when launcher opens, set the desired core count and continue:
One can modify the shortcut that launches Fluent as follows
September 6, 2023 at 3:04 amMason MorrisSubscriber
I have installed it and feel the performance is more optimal than before.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- (0x8007052E): The user name or password is incorrect
- Some of the instance types are greyed out and cannot be selected.
- Ansys Gateway powered by AWS – Minimum Technical Skills
- ADConnector Installation Fails due to .NET
- Welcome to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS
- Unable to install Service.
- About Multi-domain support
- Ansys Gateway powered by AWS – Express Setup Overview and Prerequisites
- What is the average time to set an HPC cluster up?
- How does metering work?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.