March 29, 2022 at 6:59 pmspacelover17Subscriber
I'm trying to run a .lsf script file that works with an .fsp FDTD file, similar to below from this page:
$ /opt/lumerical/v221/mpich2/nemesis/bin/mpiexec -n 4 /opt/lumerical/v221/bin/fdtd-engine-mpich2nem -t 1 n1.lsf example.fsp
Is it possible to run the script without running the simulation .fsp file? It seems like even when I comment out the "run;" command in the script, this command runs the .fsp file. I want to try to run the .lsf script without running the simulation itself (because the simulation took a while to run and I just want to run an analysis group using the script), but I am using this script because I am trying to automate this process and run several simulations one after the other.
Thanks!March 29, 2022 at 8:42 pmLito YapAnsys EmployeeThe Lumerical scripting environment is part of the CAD/GUI not the solver/engine component. See this article for details. You will need a GUI connection/environment on Linux machine/cluster and CAD/GUI license to run Lumerical scripts.
/opt/lumerical/v221/bin/fdtd-solutions -trust-script -run scriptfile.lsf
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.