April 3, 2020 at 6:02 pmPietroSubscriber
Good evening everyone,
I'm working on my degree thesis. I encountered a very strange problem: I launched the same script on my computer (with ansys APDL 2019 R3) and it gives me an error on a too large deformation of an element (Plane183), while on another computer with version 2019 R2 this error does not occur. I was wondering how it can be possible?
I also downloaded the 2019 R2 version on my computer and things have not changed. Do you have any suggestions? Has anyone ever experienced something like this?
I have attached a photo of the distortion of the element which, I repeat, does not occur on the other computer with version R2
April 23, 2020 at 11:07 pmAniketAnsys Employee
I would recommend comparing the solve.out files from both the versions side by side to check what is different exactly. You can use tools such as notepad++ or kdiff to do that.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.