Fluids

Fluids

Save animation file in HPC Linux server (cluster)?

• Hesam062
      Subscriber

I am running my model in HPC Linux server. As an example, I am using the following commands in batch job to run the model.

rc CLG.cas

rd CLG.dat

/solve/set/time-step 1e-4

/solve/dual-time-iterate 10000 30

wd CLG_1.dat

exit

yes

Is there any way to save animation files using HPC? What is its command?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Since you have the case set up ahead of time set the animation up too. Just be aware of the paths when you save. As a comment, using rc is setting yourself up for problems, /file/rc is more reliable.
    • Hesam062
      Subscriber
      First I have set all animation settings along with storage directory (used HPC direction) and then copied case and data in HPC server and run the model using the above command in .jou file. But animation files (HSF files) were not created in HPC directory.
      Do I have to define animation ( and or image) setting in .jou executive file? If so, how can I define them?
      Thanks
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      The animation should run from the saved settings, but I always use the execute commands to export images as it's safer when running batch as you can check the output. You are running the solver graphics when on the cluster aren't you?
    • Hesam062
      Subscriber
      No, I can not run the solver graphics on the cluster. I do not have access to Fluent graphics on cluster (batch job). For this, I am looking for executive commands to define and save animation files.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      There are no graphics or you are submitting in batch mode? If the former what are you expecting to create an animation of?
    • Hesam062
      Subscriber
      I am submitting (the case and initial data) in batch mode and there are no graphics. I am looking for saving animation of volume fraction of solid phase.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Does the cluster have a graphics card? The animation tools save the image if there's no graphics available it gets difficult.
    • Hesam062
      Subscriber
      Yes, It has graphics card
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.