Fluids

Fluids

Saving maps from Parameter study ?

• seghier
      Subscriber

Hello

I create parameter study and i want know how i can save the result map related to every solution?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
    • seghier
      Subscriber
      Hi Rob, i used Ansys discovery 2019, is this solution work?
      I think to export points with their positions and colors but i don't know how, i tried that with exporting x,y,z values but didn't work
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      No idea, I don't use Discovery. I do know the output is more limited than from the main CFD solvers.
    • Naresh Patre
      Ansys Employee
      Hello seghier You will have to take snapshot of the contour results for each Design Point.
      It is not possible to export points with their positions and colors. You can export calculator chart data in a csv file by right clicking on the calculator in the Solution tree.
    • seghier
      Subscriber
      Hello nmpatre
      "You will have to take snapshot of the contour results for each Design Point"
      Do you mean manually? this is not possible.
      I tried exporting all types of data but i need the original points of the new mesh to assign every value to its point.
    • seghier
      Subscriber
      How to send all parameters to workbench? it only send the last one

• seghier
      Subscriber
      I solve this using python, the idea is to use grid of points (2D or 3D)
      With python i create the grid than the script create calculator for each point.; i export the file to Rhino 3d and i use grasshopper to read data and convert velocity data to colors.
      I find this line in python to export streamlines but don't work , or maybe file extension missing or it is not available yet
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      import SpaceClaim.Api.V20.Unsupported.Live as sc
      path = '...........'
      sc.Streamlines.Export(path)
      The method or operation is not implemented.
      Stack Trace:
      Document:"New Script (2)", Line:5
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.