December 6, 2018 at 8:02 pmgkeeeSubscriber
I want to obtained scatter electric field by a dielectric sphere. I draw a sphere (r=2.4cm), and a box(100x100x100 cm) for radiation boundary. I excitation with plane wave at -2.4 cm, (Eo +x, k +z direction) ? adjust the 1-10 GHz for analysis setup. And ? draw a point at R=70 cm , theta=60 deg. I want to obtained the scatter electric field at this point due to sphere. But my simulation stop with an error that out of memory. It is running on work station.
I dont understand my fault.
Have you any ides for this problem? How i can obtain the electric field scattered by the sphere?
December 6, 2018 at 8:46 pmPeter SeranoAnsys Employee
It looks like you are trying to solve a problem that is too large for your PC to handle.
Does the model mesh successfully? - Take a look at the 'mesh statistics' tab of the solver profile (Right click on 'Results' in the Project Tree Window and then select 'Solution Data').
What is the total amount of tetrahedrons in the mesh? How much RAM do you have available on your workstation?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Illegal External Terminal – assigning current to a coil
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
- Failed to recover curve outlines
- Domain Decomposition in HFSS
- Feeding experimental data (temperature) in to Ansys to get conductivity
- meshing problem