3D Design

3D Design

Script Commands for facethickness

• KnHw
      Subscriber

Hello,

I want to change the thickness of some faces of my shellbody. Therefore i wrote script, wich creates the faces. Now i want to give them a variable thickness. I know that i can do it by hand changing the thickness in the face properties, also it is possible, to parameterezise the thickness there. But because i used a script to generate the body and this is not recorded, ansys losses this settings, when i change the geometric parameters for my parametric study

I also tried to use the midsurface tool, for solid elements, but this didnt't generated the correct faces. Thats why i build the faces on my own with the scirpt. So Midsurface tool is not a working solution at the moment

I hope someone have a hint for me.

Thank you very much

Best regards

KnHw

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

surfBody=GetRootPart().GetAllBodies()[0] 

thickness=MM(1)

MidSurfaceAspect.Create(surfBody, thickness)

-Aniket

How to access Ansys Online Help Document

How to show full resolution image

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to use Google to search within Ansys Student Community

• KnHw
      Subscriber

Hello Aniket,

thanks for your help. This one solve a part of my problem. I think i need to understand the surfBody=GetRootPart().GetAllBodies()[0]  command a bit more in detail. I have some faces, wich i also want to set a different thickness, in a component. It is possible to select all these faces in the component? I wrote something like surfBody=GetRootPart().Components.Content.GetAllBodies()[0] but it didn't work. Another idea if i can select just on face in the component section i could wirte a for-loop. But i got the solver output: expected DesignBody, got DesignBodyGeneral. Maybe you could explain to me the difference or give me a link where i can reread it in the spaceclaim manual

But overall thank you, you made my day by this hint. I have to complete my thesis sone and this hint showed that my simulation could work

Greatings

KnHw

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.