Fluids

Fluids

Searching for resources: biomedical models, modelling a syringe

• Hilary Egglestone
      Subscriber

Hi all, 

I am trying to model a syringe squirting liquid and finding it more challenging that expected (I am new to Fluent). Does anyone have any good videos/resources they can point me to? Furthermore, does anyone have any resources for biomedical models in general or know of an online comminity for biomedical CFD? I am going to be doing things like modeling a mucus layer in the future. 

I will note that I have looked in the ANSYS Learning hub, and I have tried following ANSYS's "Reed Valve and Piston" video for modelling the 'piston' part of the syringe. 

Thanks in avance. 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

There's an inkjet printer tutorial somewhere, that may be an older one on the ALH or in Fluent's Help system. That's a pretty close match to a syringe.  I'd also question the need to model the piston and exiting liquid unless the back pressure on the needle alters the piston speed. 

Otherwise, have a look on ansys.com as we've (Fluent and then Ansys) run a range of webinars, seminars, blogs etc over the last 20 years or so.   Here's a starting point   https://research.rug.nl/en/publications/computational-modelling-for-dry-powder-inhalers  but consider how wide a range of applications there are too. 

• Hilary Egglestone
      Subscriber

thank you!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.