General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Seeking for sample code to modify Anisotropic Hyperelasticity (AHYPER) formula using UPF

• serene7wings
      Subscriber

I am trying to modify the existing formula ( anisotropic hyperelastic formula) to have 4 summations of invariant I4 instead of the original one with 3 only.

Is there any sample code for UPF available for the existing anisotropic hyperelastic (2 fiber)? Else is there any suggestion on how i perform this modification?

Thanks.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Hello,

This does not look pre and post processing question. Can we move this to some other category from current pre and post processing category. This would give better chance of getting answer to this questions. Let me know which category and I will move it.  

Regards,

Keyur

• serene7wings
      Subscriber

The topic is related to material modeling so i previously thought its under pre-processing. Is there a section for UPF?

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

Defining material may fall in set up. Depending on physics we have different categories. Let me know which one you want me to move this thread. 

Physics Simulation

Regards,

Keyur

• serene7wings
      Subscriber

Structural mechanics. Thanks.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Ok. Moving to structural mechanics. 

Regards,

Keyur

• Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee

Please refer to Anisotropic Hyperelasticity tutorials, which may be of help.

Regards,

Ashish Khemka

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Hi Serene,

Please see Jim's response to your question. UPF for Anisotropic Hyperelastic material is currently not available but is expected to be a beta feature in the next release.

So, as Jim previously mentioned, you might have to do a lot more work but it might still work with the usermat() routine. Please see this post for help on getting started.

Regards,
      Sandeep
      Best Practices to post on the Student Community

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.