September 19, 2022 at 7:00 amDubey92Subscriber
I am running Fluent 2020R2 on a Linux system. I am able to compile the UDF using the instructions given in the Fluent UDF Manual. But when I start the simulation, it throws a segmentation fault and corrupted double linked list error. I did not face this type of issue on a Windows system when running the same case and UDF. Can someone please tell what might be the issue? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
September 19, 2022 at 12:15 pmDrAmineAnsys Employee
Is it the same case and same UDF you are trying to compile under Windows and Linux? If yes: please check with IT / System Adminstrator.
Please share screenshots of Fluent Console when you compile under Linux and running: perhaps there is something written which might help debugging the issue.
September 19, 2022 at 4:48 pmDubey92Subscriber
Hi DrAmine. Yes it is the same case and UDF I am trying to compile on the Linux system. I will share the screenshot.
September 20, 2022 at 6:08 amDrAmineAnsys Employee
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.