General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Select inner model elements

• laureano.gonzalez
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am running a transient thermal model and would like to see the temperature profile of a group of inner model elements. To do that I created a plane and tried to select the group of inner elements of interest, but instead what I am selecting are the hidden elements on the surface of my model. Could you please share a workaround to select inner elements? thanks in advance.

• SaiD
      Ansys Employee

Hello! You would probably have to create a Named Selection and use the Scoping Method: Worksheet. In the Worksheet, you can use Entity Type: Element and use certain criteria (X location, Y location) and Operator: Range to select the desired elemnts in the interior. You can then create a Temperture output for this Named Selection.

If you need help, you can try downloading the files for the "Baking Gingerbread cookies" problem from here: Heat Transfer Simulation Examples | Ansys Innovation Courses

At about 04:20 in the 'How To Video', you can see the steps used to create a Named Selection using Worksheet. 

Hope this helps!

• dimitri.hamelin
      Subscriber

Hllo,

Maybe you can try to hide some faces or bodies to acces the elements of interest

But the solution of @SaID looks better.

• laureano.gonzalez
      Subscriber

Thanks a lot to both of you. I'll go through both approaches and get back to you with my comments.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.