August 15, 2017 at 2:52 amsgvsSubscriber
I want to model mixing of two gases or a gas and a liquid. There are no reactions. Which model should I choose - Species transport or Multiphase Flow model? Kindly guide me on choosing model
November 3, 2017 at 1:10 amraul.raghavSubscriber
The two-phase gas-liquid or liquid-liquid flow forms a free surface (the interface). So a VOF model can be used for such cases to track the interface between the fluids. Gas-gas flow on the other hand would not form a free surface as it mixes in the molecular level. Depending on which solver you are using, it would easier to direct you to the model that would be most appropriate. More information about the physics of the flow is also required for accurate modeling - interfacial drag, volume fraction of the phases etc. The following documents might be help for you.
- The topic ‘Selecting model for two phase flow’ is closed to new replies.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- legend min and max
- Ensight hot iron palette from an image
- Streamlines in EnSight using MRI data
- Import MRI data into Ensight
- FLUENT APPLICATIION ERROR
- Total Surface Heat Flux Calculation in Fluent
- Difference between “total pressure” and “absolute pressure”?
- Drop Test of a Water-Filled Tube
- Minimum Orthogonal Quality Less than 0.01 For Transonic Airfoil Flow Analysis
- obtaining pressure distribution by making points in ansys
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.