February 25, 2022 at 5:29 pmRezaAlaviSubscriber
I am trying to use Vector Principal Stress to analyze the principal stress directions in the cross-section of a Transient structural model. I already drove XLS file giving me 6 coloums the last three would be the Euler angles for each node. Here is a challenge I am facing:
How can I find the node numbers in the region of interest given that there are LOTS of nodes and it is not feasible to just read a node nembers of interest in the cross-section ? I want to choose a few nodes (10-15) on the middle axis of a cross-sectional plane.
RezaMarch 1, 2022 at 9:36 pmChandra SekaranAnsys EmployeeHow about selecting nodes by location. YOu can set up a coordinate system at the center of the cross-section and then choose nodes based on the X,Y,Z coordinates in that coordinate system.
March 1, 2022 at 10:40 pmRezaAlaviSubscriberThanks for your response. I cannot acquire vector principal stress for a defined coordinate system.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.