July 31, 2018 at 5:33 amhappykiranSubscriber
Hi team, i have modeled a wire frame Basket assembly in solid works.and same has to check for deflection in ansys. Help me out how can i export the CAD file to workbench as a beam element (i.e line bodies) and how to assign the cross section.
July 31, 2018 at 5:50 amAniketAnsys Employee
You should be able to bring the line bodies model to Workbench via SpaceClaim from SolidWorks.
While importing the model make sure the line bodies option is checked in the properties of the geometry cell as shown below:
In SpaceClaim you can use predefined Profiles as shown below or create your own.
After that, you should be able to assign the profile to line bodies from Create tool as shown below:
For more help regarding options in the SpaceClaim, hover your mouse over tool till a popup opens as shown in image above and press F1 for more help.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.