March 27, 2022 at 10:08 pmTomCSubscriber
I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with an issue I'm having with the SMART Crack Growth tool.
Basically, I cannot fully define the SMART Crack Growth object. The crack selection box is highlighed yellow - I believe this means that the crack I selected (Semi-Elliptical Surface Crack, SEC) is incompatible in some way with SMART Crack Growth.
I defined a Pre-meshed Crack, which I am more familiar with, and it worked as expected with the SMART Crack Growth tool.
The SEC solved successfully without the SMART Crack object.
I tried a few adjustments of the mesh settings in the SEC without seeing any changes. Both the body mesh and the fracture mesh are Tet10 elements.
I think the troubleshooting I have done indicates that the issue is entirely within the SEC object. I am not sure what else to do from here. I am using ANSYS 2020 R2.
I'm trying to define a crack with a minor axis of 25 um and a major axis of 175 um, and want to run a fatigue crack growth definition. Any suggestions on how to define it so that it will work with the SMART crack tool?
TommyMarch 28, 2022 at 1:50 pmMarch 28, 2022 at 9:55 pmTomCSubscriberThanks David. That was exactly it. I was hoping it was something easy.
March 28, 2022 at 10:01 pmDavid WeedAnsys EmployeeGlad that helped,
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Large deflection
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags