Fluids

Fluids

Separated fluid domain with interface boundary condition

• famuc
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am trying to simulate the airflow around an obstacle. The geometry is a hexahedron with the obstacle cut out of it. For better meshing I separated the geometry into different parts (within designmodeler mostly with Extrude and slice material). In Meshing I assigned different mesh types to the parts mostly with the Sweep method. When I import it into Fluent all contact faces are shown as boundary conditions. But there is also one interface that is unassigned. I can display the unassigned interface and it looks like as it consists of all interior faces together. I tried to suppress all contacts in Meshing, with that I have only the boundary conditions from the named selections that I created. But the one interface is still there. Mesh Checking (and Initialization) failed due to the unassigned zone.

What can I do to solve this? Maybe, is there a possibility to delete an unassigned zone or do you know of a tutorial in fluent with different mesh parts as fluid domain?

Best regards

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber

After you sliced your geometry, did you form a new part by combining all the sliced bodies like in the image below? Your tree must read "1 Part, x Bodies".

• famuc
      Subscriber

Thanks for the suggestion. I have not done that and will try it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.