Fluids

Fluids

sequence fluent calling different macros

• Weiqiang Liu
      Subscriber

hi all,

I have many source term macros, profile macros and property macros in one source code. I tried to debug my code in VS 2013. In order to know the sequence of fluent calling macros better, I arranged my macros according to the picture below:

during the process of debugging, I found fluent first calls DEFINE_PROFILE macros and then calls mass source macros. The next called macro should be species source term based on above picture I think. However, fluent just stopped and got stuck after mass source term was called. I surely have hooked my species source macros. I can not figure out why this happen. Can anybody give me some hints or is my thought about sequence of calling right?

Best regards.

Weiqiang

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Maybe wrong UDF? CAn you use debug messages in your macros: that helps a lot.

• Weiqiang Liu
      Subscriber

Hi, Amine,

Yes, like you said, I put a Message0 line in both mass source macro and species source macro. I found only message in mass source macro was displayed in fluent console. obviously specie source macro was not called by fluent. I don't know why.

Best 

Weiqiang

• Weiqiang Liu
      Subscriber

hello, Amine,

I found the reason. It's just because fluent won't call source macro during initialization. Fluent will only call source macros during calculating. 

Best.

Weiqiang

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Yes which is clear from the calling sequence. Glad to see u progressing.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.