January 8, 2019 at 3:18 pmlordofthethingsSubscriber
I want to run a simple convergence for Equivalent stress based on mesh-refinement. I can do this in the Solutionby clicking
Solution --> Equivalent Stress --> Insert --> Convergence
Once I start the solution in the Local Machine, Ansys runs it automatically and performs the refinement until the convergence criteria is reached.
However, if I run the job on the server, i.e :
Solve --> "Server Name"
... it does not automatically keep solving. Once the first iteration is complete, I have to again run Solve, and so on and so forth. Is this a limitation in Ansys?
January 8, 2019 at 3:29 pmjpasquerellAnsys Employee
In the object reference section of the help for convergence is this note: "When performing an out of process solution asynchronously, wherein the solve may finalize during another Workbench session, the application performs only one maximum refinement loop. As necessary, you must manually perform additional loops. To solve with a single user action, solve synchronously."
January 8, 2019 at 3:36 pmlordofthethingsSubscriber
Great! Thank you so much for pointing me to this. Marking this as solution.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Colors and Mesh Display