Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Server license problem

• andreapirocca
      Subscriber

Hello,

I'm currently using Ansys 2019 R2 with student license but, since I have to do my master thesis work from home due to the corona-virus situation, my University told me that I can access a full Ansys license from them license server. They hence wrote me the numbers of "Interconnect port" and "Flexnet port", and the "Hostname" to type in ANSLIC_ADMIN utility, to access this server license while connecting via VPN to University network. Following these instruction, I get from the ANSLIC_ADMIN utility the following message:

"Apr 09, 2020 09:23: Attempting to add license server machine specification...

License server machine specification was successfully added."

but, when I run a simulation with a number of nodes/elements higher than student's license size limit, I get the same error I used to see using student license:

"Your product license has numerical problem size limits, you have exceeded these problem size limits and the solver cannot proceed."

Has anybody had this problem and solved it?

Thank you.

Andrea

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Did you install the full software too? You will need uninstall Ansys Student as the licence managers don't work well together. Full software is available from the Customer Portal, or from University IT if you don't have access. 

• andreapirocca
      Subscriber

Hello,

I thought with Ansys student version of software I could use a full license as well. Now that I downloaded the full software all is working. 

Sorry for the trivial question and thank you for the reply.

Andrea

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.