November 4, 2022 at 9:50 pmcarlosoSubscriber
how can I set the parameters in order to introduce a dipole source instead of a plane wave in the S-parameters?
what parameters should I introduce?
I have been looking for the set parameters in the support info, but there is not much info about the dipole source.
November 7, 2022 at 7:44 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
You will need to modify the setup script to add a dipole, set the theta and phi properly. replacing "
addplane;" to adddipole - Script command, and check other part of the script to make sure it works fine.
In addition, in general the dipole source will not work in periodic case, since this will mean the dipole is also periodic, is this you really want? and the S parameter uses one field component as S, do you think it is sufficient to use one E field component to quantify the system?
Please make sure the simulation does not violate any physics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.