September 27, 2022 at 1:21 pm2212296SubscriberHi guys,The aluminum is set as a lossy metal witha conductivity of σ = 3.56e+7 S/m,how to set it?best
September 27, 2022 at 5:49 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
I think you have set it before as you reported huge memory, and this is why I suggest you to use PEC instead. Please refer this post: https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/about-micron-or-millimeter-wave-simulation/
September 28, 2022 at 12:03 am2212296Subscriber
Yes, I also set the PEC as you said, but the simulation results obtained are different from those in the article
September 28, 2022 at 7:26 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Then you may need to switchback to conductive material, with a poweful coputer as it requires huge memory. Please do not use override mesh to reduce the memory requirement.
September 29, 2022 at 3:07 am2212296Subscriberokay, thank you
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.