March 13, 2021 at 1:07 amGuanhui WangAnsys EmployeeWhat is the most efficient way to set FDTD Region or mesh?n
March 13, 2021 at 1:08 amGuanhui WangAnsys EmployeeHere is the process I use when setting up the mesh for an FDTD simulation:nSetup the size of the FDTD simulation 226 region. For PML boundaries, it?s best to leave about 1/2 wavelength of space between the edge of the critical structures and the PML boundary.nSet the ?mesh accuracy? to a value of 1 or 2. This will give a mesh size of about 6 or 10 mesh points per wavelength, which is a good mesh size for initial simulations. Later, when I want to get higher accuracy results, I will increase the mesh accuracy setting, often to around 3-5.nAdd mesh override 225 regions around the critical regions of the simulation volume. For example, if there is a small metal particle in the simulation, I would probably add an override region around the particle. Initially, I will set the mesh size to be reasonably large, such as using the same mesh size that is generated by the automatic mesh. However, during convergence testing, the mesh override region can be used to force the mesh to be much smaller. Typically, it is more important to make the mesh small around the critical structures of the device, rather than making the mesh small throughout the bulk regions of the simulation (ie. with the mesh accuracy setting).nn
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.