General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Setting conditions on boundary-conditions

• wesd
      Subscriber

Dear All

Please forgive the cross posting, as i am unsure in which simulation discussion, transient-thermal belongs to. I am simulating heat flow through different materials (Ansys 2021 R2, Transient-Thermal Module) and woud like to try and model the boundary condtions which result from a temperature control system, i.e: 1) 'heat-up' via a heat flow through a surface, followed by 2) holding the surface at a certain temperature once a target temperature of the surface has been reached.

I am assuming that there is someway to switch between 'heat flow' to a 'constant temperature' boundary definition on the same surface which occurs on the condition that a specified surface temperature has been reached. However this is not immediately obvious via the gui/available menus

Does this Require the use of APDL and If-statements ? or is there another strategy ? Can anybody point me towards any resources where something similar has been done ?

Any help would be much appreciated, Regards wesd

• Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee

This will require APDL commands. You will need to check the temperature during solve and if the temperature exceeds the given temperature, you need to enter the preprocessing, change the boundary condition and then restart.

Regards Ashish Khemka
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.